A Great Place to Live & Work
The Sweetwater Valley community of Bonita-Sunnyside is a valley of contradictions. Rural values and urban sophistication. Stately homes and horse corrals. Natural beauty and urban encroachment. But beyond the contradictions stands the character of our residents: involved, committed, and responsive to change.
The citizens of this once rural and remote farming hamlet along the Sweetwater River have always worked together to make the valley an idyllic place to live. From the creation of a volunteer fire department and school in the 1800s, to the vibrant celebration known such as Bonitafest today, the region thrives on civic spirit and pride. The Sweetwater Valley Civic Association epitomizes these characteristics and works tirelessly advocating for our unique, unincorporated community.
The Sweetwater Valley is an amazing place to live. There are exciting and unique community-based activities and events happening the whole year round. The people here don’t stand still much. That is readily apparent the first time you drive through Bonita and Sunnyside. We run, golf, horseback ride, garden, bike, walk, and hike.
When we aren’t outside enjoying our beautiful California sunshine and landscapes, you will find us building our community from the inside out. Residents actively support our local schools, charities, teams, library, museum, veterans’ memorial, and businesses.
It is really easy to get involved in making a difference for our community. We invite you to use this site as a reference to learn more and to network with other local groups.
Places to Visit
When we aren’t outside enjoying our California sunshine and landscapes, you will find us building our community from the inside out. Residents actively support our local schools, charities, teams, library, museum, veterans’ memorial, and businesses.
- Sweetwater Reservoir Shoreline Fishing
- Bonita Organic Garden Club
- Bonita Valley Garden Club
- Bonita Golf Club
- Bonita Men’s Golf Association
- Chula Vista Municipal Golf Course
- Living Coast Discovery Center
- Fred H. Rohr Park
- Sweetwater Summit Regional Park
- Sweetwater Reservoir Riding & Hiking Trail
- Sweetwater Summit Park
- AYSO (American Youth Soccer Organization)
- Bonita Bikers
- Bonita Rebels Soccer Club
- Bonita Road Runners
- Bonita Valley Girls Amateur Softball Association
- South Bay Family YMCA
- Sweetwater Valley Little League
- Allen Elementary School
- Daly Academy Elementary School
- Sunnyside Elementary School
- Valley Vista Elementary School
- Bonita Vista Middle School
- Bonita Vista High School
- Chula Vista Elementary School District
- Sweetwater Union High School District
- Bonita Country Day School
- Cornerstone Christian Academy
- Kindercare Learning Center
- Southwestern College